Sunday, November 1, 2009

30 Oaks Ranch Box #1 The Ranch

From the time I was 11, the 30 Oaks Ranch at the mouth of HobbleCreek Canyon has been in my life. My uncle had leased it back in the 1940s and I could write a book on all the adventures I had there as a child. Then my uncle moved to Idaho and the two men who bought the ranch turned out to be my husband's brothers. So I have another book I could write about the fun & adventures I've had there as an adult.

I intend to include to a few of those stories in this series of boxes.

Box # 1 30 Oaks Ranch - The Ranch

Clues
Begin at 2750 East Canyon Road In Springville, Utah. Take a leisurely walk up the Hobble Creek Trail/Bike-path going east up the hill. Almost everything around you in all 4 directions was once part of 30 Oaks Ranch. Down the drive way to the right is the garage in the photo at the top of this page. You may also be able to see the old barn through the trees. As you near the top of the hill you may be able to hear the water flowing from the Burt Spring that feeds the pond below.
Continue up the hill to the end of the fence. Now you will find the box under a small pile of rocks at the base of the 3rd Fence post from the end. It will be on the south side of the fence. Enjoy!